Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Hamster Crafts!

Meet the newest member of our family - Goomba!

 

He's super cute and tons of fun and looks right at home in the Woodsey House.  He also fits right in to this vintage Kenner Family Tree Tots Tree House:


But his favorite place is snuggled in a pocket.


McKenna carries him around in this fleece bag I made, which we now call the Hamster Holder.


I had originally intended it to be a project for my "No Sew Pillows and Totes" craft class last week, but realized it was a little too difficult for the younger kids in my class so I scrapped the idea and gave it to McKenna instead. Goomba loves to snuggle up and sleep in it.


Look how adorable he is!


I made another Hamster Holder today. It only takes aboout 10 minutes. Here's the pattern:


Take 2 pieces of fleece, cut in a circular shape with a flat top. Then all around the edge (except at the top) make 2 inch cuts, about a finger's width apart. Also, cut a long strip of fleece for the strap. Next, tie each fringe bit together with 2 knots all the way around and then tie your strap to the top knots. Viola!


 You've got a hands-free Hamster Holder.


Yesterday I saw a project on Craft Magazine for a Pocket Fleece Pet Hammock posted on Craft Nectar, so I immediately went in my studio and made this for Goomba:


I made it a bit differently though,  in a triangular shape with fleece strip ties instead of grommets and hooks.


I may just abandon all my other kokoleo products and become a full-time hamster-crafter. Okay, maybe not. But this little guy has been a sweet source of inspiration lately. He's even with me right now, hanging around my neck helping me write this blog post.


Awwww....

4 comments:

Debra said...

SO CUTE! I am going to try to make one of those for my bunnies.

Anonymous said...

have a peek at these guysyou could try here newsmy review here weblinksee this

Unknown said...

a6i16i3a56 y4w39d0r20 w3x95z9k28 q8q75g3i51 b9t98o5o38 v9j16t6v57

Anonymous said...

Me too!! I love these ideas!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...