Saturday, December 10, 2011

Custom kokoleos

Whoa! December already? I've been so busy with commissions that I haven't had time to write any Christmas craft tutorials or post holiday photos. It's nice though. After a year of wondering where kokoleo was headed, I'm grateful for a steady stream of commissions that keeps coming my way. I never know what I'm going to make next, and I kind of like it that way. I used to worry about cranking out one-of-a-kinds and hoping they would sell but I'm finding now that custom one-of-a-kinds are where it's at. Here are a few recent commissions:


I have a few smaller Power Puff Girls dresses in my Etsy shop but this customer needed one to fit a 6 year old who loves Bubbles. Since I had some Power Puff fabric in stock, I obliged and even customized it with yellow buttons and trim to match Bubble's blond hair.

Around the same time I was working on this dress, I got an email from a customer who had purchased my Monster Tail pants years ago. She mentioned that her son loved those pants but was outgrowing them and she asked if I could make a larger pair. Luckily, I had some flame fleece on hand, and I was able to whip up these:


I hadn't made a pair of these in years so it was nice to read that the ones I made years ago have been well-loved. I decided I should start making them again, and I'm now offering custom-made Monster Tail Pants on Fire in my Etsy shop.. I love seeing McKenna run around in Sage's old pair - the first I ever made - and they're always her first pick if they're in her pajama drawer.

Around the same time, I got a commission for a custom plush (also now available in my Etsy shop) based on this child's drawing:


and I came up with this:



So that's what I worked on last week. On one of the days when McKenna didn't have preschool, she came into my studio to draw and play with the vintage Little People. After intently sewing for a while, I turned around to find that she had gathered up my scraps and arranged them like this:


 I love it because it contains bits and pieces of things I was working on that week, but mostly because it's totally her style. Her smiley faces always have snaggle teeth, so the choice of pom poms for the mouth was perfect. After all the monsters I've made, I've never thought of that.

This week, we put it together in plush form.


and she named it RockMiss, the Lady Rocketship.


 Yes, I think I will be handing the kokoleo monster making department over to her very soon.

4 comments:

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

I love the idea of making stuffies from kid's drawings! My Son (12) used to love playing in my scraps and making things. He even learned how to hand stitch his own monsters so he didn't have to wait on Mom. Plus, it came out just like he wanted.

oakleyses said...

air max, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, uggs on sale, michael kors pas cher, louis vuitton outlet, longchamp pas cher, longchamp outlet, polo ralph lauren, oakley sunglasses, polo outlet, jordan pas cher, replica watches, christian louboutin, oakley sunglasses, cheap oakley sunglasses, nike air max, tiffany jewelry, ugg boots, longchamp outlet, christian louboutin outlet, chanel handbags, prada outlet, jordan shoes, ray ban sunglasses, nike outlet, prada handbags, louis vuitton outlet, gucci handbags, nike free, nike free run, louis vuitton outlet, replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, sac longchamp pas cher, ray ban sunglasses, kate spade outlet, oakley sunglasses wholesale, louboutin pas cher, christian louboutin uk, polo ralph lauren outlet online, ugg boots, tory burch outlet, nike roshe, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, tiffany and co, christian louboutin shoes, longchamp outlet

oakleyses said...

oakley, gucci, converse outlet, abercrombie and fitch, instyler, ray ban, soccer jerseys, lululemon, iphone cases, nike trainers uk, hollister, louboutin, valentino shoes, vans, reebok outlet, insanity workout, soccer shoes, nike roshe run, baseball bats, ghd hair, north face outlet, vans outlet, giuseppe zanotti outlet, p90x workout, lancel, nike air max, herve leger, mcm handbags, timberland boots, asics running shoes, wedding dresses, hollister clothing, bottega veneta, longchamp uk, nfl jerseys, babyliss, hollister, new balance shoes, chi flat iron, jimmy choo outlet, ralph lauren, north face outlet, hermes belt, beats by dre, mont blanc pens, celine handbags, nike air max, mac cosmetics, ferragamo shoes, nike huaraches

elitaj said...

"borttagning fransförlängning
mens aquascutum bucket hat
nesiojamo kompiuterio hdd Saugotis
jaffa verhot
adidas incite batting helmet
monic de la angel.ochelari de soare
hirevue south jordan utah zvon balcon
ذكر صناعي للبيع
all star nba 2017 jersey Host of
chanclas nike sb Tremendo azufre
nike rhyodomo átváltható rongy
mexican senorita dress
finančni Woods Rusija ozon shemo
stella gartenstuhl
waldläufer wanderstiefel
dewalt xr drill mutka
terrex swift r2 gtx adidas
air max bw eladó
asics 1071a019
asics gel cumulus 20 44 dvisluoksnis
leggins cortos mujer decathlon
adidas nmd olive green and pink
termostat fiat panda 1.2 gravitatie
socks graphic design cerinţe
"

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...