Monday, February 02, 2009

Upload Update!

Last week I banned myself from the sewing machine. I became one with my web site and uploaded over 50 new items to the kids embellished shop. Like these:









What do you think about repurposing vintage pop culture imagery? I feel a little weird selling copyrighted images like the Muppets, but man I love the Muppets, and I know other people do too. By taking old forgotten fabric and cutting out the good parts, I'm letting these images live on for another generation. Or, that's what I tell myself to justify it. What do you think? A-o.k. or outright theivery? I'm just a fan, man.

I also put a few new things in the pants shop:



and some eyeglass jewelry in the accessories shop:





Lots more to come. Check it out: www.kokoleo.com.

3 comments:

sugarcreekstuff said...

Now I'm not a lawyer nor do I play one on tv, but i think it is ok to recycle an item with an image that was already sold and repurpose it. I believe it's the same as buying fabric with an image and using it for items that you want to sell. The company made money from the original item/image.
I think there would only be a problem if you were making your own lookalike and selling it with that name.

Your Douche jewelry cracks me up everytime!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

I don't know all the rules and laws but....

Those are just too darn cute to toss away forever!

I feel the same as sugarcreek, you are repurposing something, not printing your own fabric.

textile_fetish said...

The calico tree shirt is my favorite.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...