Saturday, January 12, 2008

only in Hollywood. . .

I was all psyched to go to this garage sale I found on Craigslist last night:

HOLLYWOOD COSTUME DESIGNER clearing out her garage...... collection of memorabilia from the TV show THE FACTS OF LIFE, plus many other TV and stage shows, including huge collection of costume jewelry, purses, hats, scarves, sewing supplies galore, vintage clothing, antique and modern laces (a few 100 years old), fabrics, beaded trims, laces, dress form, 1970's Bernina sewing machine, still works perfectly Sat 9-1 ONLY

I mapped it out and even ventured beyond my usual proximity and took the freeway to get there. Unfortunately, it was a bust. I got a few spools of thread and some bias tape, but no Facts of Life stuff. It turns out I'm just not a fan of gaudy 80s jewelry, even if Blair or Tootie wore it. Oh well, you take the good, you take the bad.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...