Sunday, October 07, 2007

Sunday Confessional

On Sundays I'll confess my secrets. Nothing too scandalous, just the things that I would otherwise omit from my blog. Things like: my house is a mess, I can't cook, I've become frumpy, my skin's broken out, I murder houseplants, I'm having an affair with the mailman - stuff like that.

So today I'll show you the state of my studio. It's a mess.

I've got this room stuffed to the gills with kokoleo merchandise, projects-in-progress, things to be repaired, and fabric and notions spilling from every corner. My desk overfloweth. . .


I keep the fabric I use for personalized pieces in a big bin beside my sewing table. For small scraps, they take up a surprising amount of space. Notice also the tangle of ties creeping out from under the table. They like to wrap themselves around my ankles when I'm desperately searching for a foot pedal.

My ironing board quickly gets piled with projects that need immediate attention. So I ignore them and just iron on a towel on the floor. Notice the bag of hangers below it. The only thing worse than a bag of hangers is a bag of angry cats.


My dresser and closet. . .


It may look like chaos but I know exactly where everything is. Except my scissors. They always disappear on me. They run off with my seam rippers and hide in the most ridiculous places. It's not until I go out and buy new ones that they show themselves.

Someday I'm going to come home from a yard sale excursion with the coolest vintage fabric ever! but when I go into my sewing room to find a place for it, the room will suddenly EXPLODE and spew fabric scraps and ric-rac all over the neighborhood. The room cannot hold another little notion.

So guess what? I'm getting a new studio! We signed the paperwork and handed over a check this afternoon. Kokoleo will soon take up residence in the area formerly known as our patio and McKenna will finally get her own room. Sweet!

4 comments:

sugarcreekstuff said...

Wow, a real studio. I can't imagine, only dream.

lisa {milkshake} said...

Do I see THREE sewing machines?! Your studio looks about the size of mine - teensy.

Is your new studio bigger?

Anonymous said...

This makes me feel soooo much better...share the chaos.

topills.com scam said...

Hello, I admire your website. This is a informative site and I wanted to post a little ... This is a great site and I wanted to post a comment to let you know, great job! ...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...