Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Felt Club Rocks!

I survived! My booth didn't even have to become a make-shift delivery room. There wouldn't have been any space anyway. See?


If you think that space is packed, you should have seen the UCC filled with all the people!

And that shot was taken after the crowd had thinned out a bit. I heard the line to get in wrapped around the building and down the street. It's heartening to know that there are people out there who really do appreciate handmade goods enough to wait in line and brave a sweaty crowd. It was HOT in there!

I loved being back amongst my fellow Felt Clubbers and also having friends visit me at my booth. Here's my former student Lillye (who did this awesome drawing):


Yeah, I predict she'll have her own Felt club booth one day.

Later, my friend Renee and her boy Julian stopped by to hang out and let me take a pee break.


And toward the end Erik and Sage and my friend Lauren and her girl Ava came out. Here are Sage and Ava dancing to the D.J.'s tunes:


. . . and getting stickers at Mats!? booth.


It figures our kids would go for art like that, seeing as how their dads have similar Juxtapozian tastes.

Since my spot was up by the stage, I got to hang out with the M.C. Charles Phoenix.


He's a fellow flea market aficionado who likes to collect kitchy old slides and photographs taken all over California and then compile them into books. Fun!

I also got to meet one of my blog links, Jennifer from Textile Fetish, as well as her helper, Shari from Bonnin Designs.

I only wish I had more time to hang out with them.

These pictures only capture a a few glimpses of the whole crazy day. To see more you can check out the Felt Club Photo pool.

Now, I can relax. Except next weekend we're heading to San Diego for Comic Con. Eek!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

what a fun show!! for a sec i thought your student was a relative..looks alot like you!

topills.com scam said...

Hello, I admire your website. This is a informative site and I wanted to post a little ... This is a great site and I wanted to post a comment to let you know, great job! ...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...