Monday, June 18, 2007

Happy Anniversary to us!


There we were 7 years ago. Before Sage. Before kokoleo. Before we moved from Savannah and bought a house in West Virginia, and then a house in North Hollywood. Before L.A. and Erik's job at Disney. Before some of those people in that picture got married, divorced, had babies or died. A lot has happened since then.

Check out my patchwork wedding skirt! I wish I had a better picture of it. My mom and I put it together that spring when I was on break from teaching in Savannah. It's composed of hundreds of 5 inch squares including pieces of my mom's wedding dress and Erik's mom's as well. Too bad I only had the occasion to wear it once. Wait, it's a wedding dress, I guess that's a good thing. Maybe my little girl will wear it one day. . . or maybe she'll cut it up and turn it into something else.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary from Mom and Dad. The dress is still hanging in my closet! Maybe McKenna will want to play dress up in it!

MOM

Unknown said...

Lovely photo and dress! Happy Anniversary! I love the patchwork, so original!

Meg said...

KB, that is absolutely the most gorgeous skirt I've ever seen! I LOVE IT!
Hope you are well.

topills.com scam said...

Hello, I admire your website. This is a informative site and I wanted to post a little ... This is a great site and I wanted to post a comment to let you know, great job! ...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...